The “economy” has nothing to do with your ability to succeed. You are in complete control of your personal growth in all areas up to and including…financial, spiritual, health, relationships, etc…
That’s right, you do! After finishing reading this, you will have the keys to be in total control of your results!
Do you find yourself asking these or other similar questions…
Why are “those” people so successful? Why are “they” so lucky? Why do they have a “special gift or talent” that makes them successful? Why do they never seem to fail? Why can’t I have those gifts or this special ability?
Or maybe you are not asking questions…you might be telling yourself things like…
I’ll never have any money….I’ll never make it…I’ll always be fat…I wish I could have a great relationship…I’m just not lucky.
Think about this for a miniute….
What do you want? I mean, what do you really want? What results/goals do you have to achieve in order to get from where you are to where you want to go? How are you going to get there?
A couple of years ago, I was given the task of creating a brand new sales team for the number 8th ranked Fortune 500 Company of 2009.
As I grew the team, it was very obvious that “the cream” rose to the top. 20% of the sales team was earning me 80% of my results. Every single month! At the same time my “cream” was achieving excellent results, I found the bottom 80% complaining about the economy, potential customers not having money, the need for more training, more resources, etc…
So what did I do? I went out to try to find more “cream”.
We churned sales people like crazy trying to find the right “cream”. I must have gone through over 500 resumes, interviews, training sessions, etc…I found this to be somewhat appalling.
I asked myself…Is it really that hard to find cream?
So I decided to take another course of action…I would take my existing team and slowly turn them in to cream.
Before you read on, ask yourself these questions…Do you want to be cream? Do you want great results in any area of your life? Do you want to overcome what appear to be very difficult or impossible obstacles?
So I asked my self one basic question…How? How do I develop these bottom 80% into cream. Once I asked this question, the answers came.
I came up with a plan. I decided to study the top performers, “the cream” to find out what “special gift” or talent they possessed that made them the top 20%. I studied them, followed them on their sales calls, interviewed them, etc…In addition, I read books, articles, magazines, listened to CD’s, watched DVD’s and anything I could get my hands on looking for answers.
What did I find? I found that these people and any other person who has a high level of success in their life have an Positive Mental Attitude that is back by an immense will and a strong mental regime.
I am going to share with you the process by which you attain an indestructable Positive Mental Attitude.
Before I give you the formula, I’d like to give credit to Brian Tracy for what I am about to share with you. Although many of the resources I found were in agreement with this “formula”, no resource expressed it more clear and concise.
I am going to share with you in as much detail, from my understanding and application what I learned about mental fitness. This one resource took my sales team from the worst to the best in a matter of months…Try it in any and all areas of your life and I assure you that success will present itself.
So what I learned is that we are no longer in physical economy. We are now in a mental economy?
I learned the one critical tool for success…a very Positive Mental Attitude…or PMA as some people refer to it.
A Positive Mental Attitude is…
- a constructive response to the stresses in your life
- the feeling of the ability to control your world…and not the other way around
- the ability to focus on solutions rather than problems
- the ability to see great results before they even occur…in any area of your life
- the ability to protect your mind from outside negative influences
- and many more…
Your job is to create a critical positive mental attitude. How do you do this? Very simple…You do it the same way you develop physical fitness.
If I were to tell you that if you went to the gym daily and followed a structured diet you would lose weight, look better and feel better, you would believe me right?
Well, the same thing applies to developing a positive mental attitude. Work your program as if it were a physical fitness program. Get yourself on that program.
“A positive attitude is to the mind as wellness is to the body. A negative attitude is to the mind as illness is to the body.”
Keep in mind Rule #1-Remember, Everything Counts! Everything helps or everything hurts
Step 1. “Positive Self Talk”
- Be very optimistic with the way you talk to yourself. How?
- Use Positive Affirmations and make them…
- Personal (I can blank, I am blank, I like myself, I feel great)
- Present Tense (I am vs. I will)
- 95% of emotions are determined by the way you talk to yourself
- Positive people take what is happening and puts it in a positive light
- Look at every adversity and find something good
- Control your inner dialogue-What am I thinking? – W.A.I.T.
- Focus and talk about the things that you want! Not on the things that you don’t want!
- Continually control your inner dialogue and live consistent with the person you want to be
Step 2. “Positive Visualization”
- Understand that all improvement in your life starts with positive visualization
- I heard Bob Proctor once say that “Visualization is the ancient secret of success”.
- How do you see yourself? Seller, parent, employee, health
- DWELL upon a picture of what you want, in exact detail (your subconscious mind will take it as a command and go to work on attracting what you want)
- Positive people visualize what they want and negative people visualize the things that they don’t want
- Feed your mind on a regular basis with pictures consistent with what you want
- When you go to bed and when you wake up think about the things that you want
- Create a dream book or a dream board
Step 3. “Positive Mental Food”
- You become what you think about most of the time
- Your world around you is created by the things that you think about
- Positive happy things will bring you more positive happy things
- Ask yourself…What do you feed your mind most of the time?
- The average person reads, hears and sees negative or violent garbage. Just sit and watch the news for a while, or read the daily newspaper, you will see what I mean.
- The successful person reads, hears and wathces positive, motivational, educations stuff…books, videos, audio cd’s. Go out and get good book on any area your life you would like to change. Do what it says and I assure you it will be rewarding
Step 4. “Positive People”
- Who is your reference group?
- Birds of a feather flock together
- Have you ever heard this one…”Tell me who your friends are and I’ll tell you who you are.”
- Who do you socialize with? Who do you like to talk about? Who do you like to read about?
- Get around winners, goal oriented people who talk positive
- Get away from losers
- Big failure comes from socializing with negative people
- People have a chameleon response-words, actions, behaviors, dress, slang, mannerisms. Reflect for a moment and see if you “resemble” your innermost circle of friends
- Change your reference groups and you will see a great change
Step 5. “Positive Training”
- The better you get at doing the things that are important to you the more positive you become
- The more positive you become the more you begin to like yourself
- The more you begin to like yourself the more that others begin to like you
- The more they begin to like you the more they like being to associate with you
- 3 Steps to positive training…
- Read 30-60 minutes a day (some type of personal development)
- Listen to Audio CDs
- Take Courses
Step 6. “Positive Health Habits”
- Eat healthy foods that give you energy
- Stop eating fats, salts and sugars
- Get lots of exercise
- Regular rest and exercise are crucial
Step 7. “Positive Action”
- Get busy, move fast, take action NOW!
- Create a sense of urgency
- Gives you energy and allows you to move fast
- Give you enthusiasm
- The faster you move the more energy you have
- The better you get
- You feel in control of you life
- Create a bias for action. Some people refer to this as the prescription for success for both individuals and companies
Take this summary below and make a little reminder card so you can reference it over and over when you find yourself in a mental state that is not consistent with your desires.
7 Steps to Mental Fitness
- Positive Mental Attitude- Positive Affirmations-Personal (I can, I am, I like myself), Present Tense (I am vs. I will), Positive
- Positive Visualization- Feed your mind on a regular basis with pictures that are consistent with what you want
- Positive Mental Food – You become what you think about most of the time
- Positive People – People have a tendency to mirror their peer group, get around winners who are goal oriented and talk positive
- Positive Training – 3 Steps-Read 30-60 minutes a day, Listen to Audio CD’s (motivational, educational), Attend seminars/courses
- Positive Health Habits – Eat healthy foods, Avoid fats, salts and sugars, Get plenty of rest, Exercise regularly
- Positive Action – Do it NOW!!!
P.S. You increase your chances of success if you immediately apply rule 7 over and over and over! Take positive action today…take positive action NOW!